Fortune Teller Hunt
October 1st to 31st 2010
Application Deadline September 17th 2010!
Hunt limit: max 100 vendors
A bit about our theme:
Fortune Tellers... gypsies, psychics.....tarot cards, crystal balls, runes, palm reading, fortune cookies, tea leaf reading, ... the lists can go on and on, but no matter which style of fortune teller and method you choose there is sure to be a chance for something fun and unique with this hunt theme. This is a very wide ranging hunt theme and I welcome you all to take it and run with it! Have fun and let your creativity shine through!
Please ensure you read the rules and follow the instructions for applying. This is important as I WILL NOT ACCEPT applications that are not properly filled out as it shows that either you are not reading the instructions or don't bother to follow them and I need to ensure vendors will follow the instructions that have to be given in order to get set up.
Fortune Teller Hunt Organizer
Fortune Teller Hunt Guidelines/Rules:
*NOTE: I am looking for vendors who take making a commitment seriously. I completely understand that real life comes first and that sometimes things happen and I am absolutely sympathetic to that fact. However, in all things I will protect the hunt chain and the interest of the other vendors where needed. If you can not be set up on time and do not reply to correction requests, please understand that it is not personal that I will for the interest of the rest of the hunt vendors remove those stores who don’t get set up and replace them.*
1. Only original creators! If you have a few authorized reseller vendors I won’t disqualify you, that is different then a shop who is selling mostly or entirely non original content. The use of purchased textures, scripts, templates, and sculpties is fine as those items are sold to content creators for use in their work. No resellers! NO CLUBS! No Malls! No rental spaces, etc…IF you do not have a shop selling your own work don’t apply!
2. One location per store and one store per person please. You may include gifts from multiple stores in one package if you wish to promote these other businesses. (If you wish to place a second location or additional shop on the reserve list for filling in any spots last minute that we might have to fill then please add that to the bottom of your application including a LM)
3. You will receive an invitation to the hunt vendors group upon acceptance of your application; you MUST remain in the vendor group. I understand group slots are limited but it is important to be able to communicate with the vendors effectively and this is the best option for that. All vendors must be in the hunt vendor group by no later than two weeks prior to the hunt start date or will be removed from the list!
4. Gifts may be anything you wish to create, or if you prefer an item from your stock but please no freebies repackaged. This only annoys hunters to work to find the hunt item and then open it to find only stuff they could have gotten as a freebie without hunting. Also remember that if you give an item that isn’t up to the quality of what you sell or doesn’t somehow show what your items are then you hurt yourself.
5. Please try to build something that at least loosely fits the theme, the theme has a wide range of ways to build for it even loosely. I won’t force you to build for the theme, I’m not inspecting gifts. But it’s an opportunity to think outside the box if you don’t already have items along the line of the theme or expand on what you do have if you do.
6. If possible including a male and female item or unisex item is encouraged but not required.
7. Object must be no more then 30 meters from the point at which the hunters land. If this becomes an issue I will ask those who are further to move their items, and if needed remove them from the hunt.
8. The hunt object may be hidden however you see fit, however, it may not be hidden so that it is enclosed fully in another object, only a tiny bit of it shows, or is otherwise nearly impossible to locate.
9. The hunt object must be set to sell contents NOT a copy (which gives the hunters a folder rather then making them have to rez a box) and will be set to L$0 and no more!
10. Your gifts must be boxed/bagged before placing them in the hunt object. The folder given to the hunter should only contain 2 items, the landmark to the next location and your gift package!
11. The Hunt Signs. Upon acceptance you will receive an application sign, once all spots are filled or we reach the application deadline hunt info sign will be sent out. You will need to have a sign out from the time you are accepted to the time the hunt ends. I expect within 48 hours of sending the new sign (barring rl keeping you from logging on in that time) you will have the sign replaced with the new one. I try not to have to change the sign a third time just before the hunt,
12. If your shop moves or you drop out of the hunt for any reason you must notify me so that we can keep the chain from being broken which only hurts other vendors in the hunt. If possible a day's notice would help to ensure we can replace the lm in the previous box. I do understand that sometimes even the vendor does not know in advance that the location is going to be suddenly relocated or vanish. If you move the shop on the same lot and are not using forced landing points it is also important you notify me with a corrected LM, if the hunters land 100m away and as many do have their draw distance set low to help with lag from hunting they may not even see your shop if it’s moved.
13. I do a walkthrough before sending out hunt objects to ensure that all shop LM’s are accurate. I will send a group notice listing shops that are missing or do not have a sign out. If I do not see a sign I have to assume you do not want to be in the hunt. Signs are important advertising to spread the word so hunters get excited to do the hunt!
14. You must have your hunt gift placed in the object and hidden by midnight for the hunt start.
15. I do not see this as 'my hunt' I am the organizer, the one who chose to organize and 'run' the hunt; however, this is every participating vendor's hunt. If changes are needed I have to make the choice that seems to be best for the majority of those involved. Please treat me with respect as I will always treat you with respect.
16. I do maintain a vendor gift area. This is not required, if you don’t wish to make your gift available to other vendors without them hunting for it that is fine. However, as many are to busy to hunt I have heard from most that they appreciate this. This area is in a skybox on a parcel of land that is group restricted to the vendor group. I am aware that some vendors need to have an alt in the group (or store manager) for those vendors I will be happy to add your name to the land access list for this area. There will be a form in the welcome pack to notify me of this need.
17. Please be sure that if you need to send me a hint, change of location, or notify me of other hunt related business you do so using the supplied forms from the welcome pack. My IM’s cap daily and get lost additionally I get on average 100 or more notecards in any given 24 hour period. I took the time to set up forms for things in order to ensure that these notifications will get top priority and not be lost in the sea of incoming mail. Also I do this in order to ensure that when I log on I can take care of hunt business (followed by my school/shop business) immediately and not overlook anything.
18. The vendor group is a drama free zone. My feedback from vendors in past hunts has praised my ability to maintain this. I will not tolerate people bringing personal issues with each other into the hunt group or causing drama. This is not the place to talk trash about others or otherwise stir up trouble. If you have issues with someone else please directly address them in IM not in my group. If there is an issue that needs addressing by me bring it to my attention. I have not had issues with this however, if you are here to cause drama I will remove you from the hunt if need be as none of my vendors want to deal with drama nor do I.
19. That said the group also should not be spammed for MM boards, lucky chairs, sales, etc. This group is ONLY vendors and managers for shops that take part in my hunts. Otherwise I do not limit chat as long as it is not causing drama. If you are busy and need to exit chat feel free all important information is sent via notices and the group has been a great resources for many of our regular vendors to ask if anyone knows where to find something or share information.
Thank you for reading this, I have tried to keep the rules simple, if others are deemed necessary later on I will then add them. Please know that I greatly appreciate your work in preparing your shop location and creating a wonderful gift for our hunters and thank you for placing your trust in my ability to pull this hunt off smoothly and without drama or other issues along the way. Please know, if there is any issue or question you can IM me at any time, I will respond as soon as possible.
Fortune Teller Hunt Organizer
*NOTE: Read the instructions carefully, those who do not follow them will be omitted from this hunt as it is important that the hunt vendors can read and follow instructions*
1 Create a new notecard and name it " FTHunt
Example: FTHunt Secrets of Gaia Rox Arten
2 Copy the following to the notecard and fill in the information. I am asking for both landmark (to include in hunt boxes) and SLURL (just in case sl glitches and wipes the landmark).
Alternate contact or partner (if any):
Avatar To Invite to Vendor Group:
Are you an AHVG member?
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and agree to abide by them?
Do you have other shops/locations you wish to add to the reserve list in case we need to fill spaces last minute (If you list them here please list shop name with slurl and add a LM below)
3. Be sure that you included your landmark and the notecard saved and drop the completed application on the profile of Rox Arten.